|All good things
09. Nov. 2013
- You know these ideas that pop up out of nowhere? They fascinate for a few days, then, poof! Gone. Only to reappear repeatedly a few weeks later. Sooner or later you can't ignore them any longer, so you nail them down. Black Dress is one of those. Cheers!
Music from the ends of the earth
16. June. 2013
- It's the new postcard. Pics alone just don't cut it anymore when we
can capture sound and video at the touch of a sweaty button. Never one
to shy from new gizmos (erhem...) I've often travelled with a mobile
recorder and a small guitar (Baby Taylor) in recent years. The
wild nature of remote places acts like a magnet, not just on the car's
sat nav system but also on my musical compass it seems.
This time I've gone one step further by adding instrumentation to the
field recordings upon returning home. This has translated the guitar
tunes into fully-fledged compositions while keeping their original feel
intact. A mini album, then? If four short-ish instrumental tracks
So here they are. From the
jagged sea cliffs of Finistère and the weightless cocoon of our
studio straight to you. Best of all, all four tracks are free. Maybe I
should take up busking instead?
|With proof this robust...
22. April. 2013
- Boy, we sure struck that hot iron last week. Well ok, all it needed was light hammer work and some fast quenching. Dust was a song started a little while back but never quite finished. It is now. Make sure to turn your sub-woofer on.
10. April. 2013
- Back from the Pulse sabbatical (see below) and on with album
work. The break had helped to clear heads, on the lyrics front at least.
The new MiniNova synth
also got to stretch its (little) legs for the first time and did us
proud. If you've ever been taken one "experience" too far then Pipeline is for you.
22. Jan. 2013
- with the "Pulse" music in the bag (see
below) and riding high on inspiration, what better time to get cracking
on the video side of things? Drawing on some waterfall footage I'd shot
earlier it didn't take long to assemble this element's rough framework.
The detailed edits that followed were more time-consuming but also a lot
A teaser of the finished article can be found in the video section below. YouTube permitting I might even upload the full-length (14 minutes!) video of Fluiscope at a future date. Meanwhile, back to work. One down, four to go...
Copyright © Enthalpy Music 2014